Furnace Troubleshooting Checklist
Think your gas furnace has quit? You could save yourself the cost of a no-heat service call by checking the following:
- Is the furnace switch in the on position? It may have been turned off by mistake.
- Is the thermostat properly set to the "heat" position and the temperature set to your normal heat setting?
- Is the furnace venting blocked by snow or ice? If so, try to remove the blockage.
- Are the programmable thermostat batteries fresh?
- Is the circuit breaker in the electric panel in the proper position?
- Is the furnace door properly closed?
- Has the filter been changed recently? If you’ve checked everything on the list and your furnace still isn’t working, give us a call and one of our technicians will get your furnace back up and running as soon as possible.
Learn more about our natural gas furnace maintenance and protection plans