Geothermal Systems - A Heating and Cooling System You Need To Consider
A geothermal system can’t be beat. The installation cost is more expensive than traditional heating and air conditioning systems, but your annual heating and cooling costs can be significantly lower.
- It saves you money on heating. Home heating costs drop drastically with a geothermal heating system. When you consider the harsh winters that Ottawa has, that can add up to significant savings in heating!
- It saves you money on cooling. When a geothermal system is used, you can expect savings significant savings on cooling. As much as beautiful Ottawa is known for its chilly winters, Ottawa is also known for its hot, hot summers and the cooling savings from a geothermal system can really add up!
- It’s green! Geothermal heating and cooling is incredibly energy efficient. Geothermal systems transfer heat. They take the heat produced by the sun, stored by the earth and harness it to either heat or cool your home in a way that requires very little energy.
- It provides consistent comfort. When compared to conventional heating systems, a geothermal heating system will stay on longer and will warm your home at a consistent level even in sharp temperature changes. Overall, geothermal heating consistently distributes heat throughout your home.
- It offers proven reliability. Geothermal heating systems aren’t just popular in Ottawa or Canada, they’re found all over the world, which is a testament to their ability to perform in a variety of climates. The fact that there are more than one million geothermal heating units in current use, and that number is growing, is a testament to its proven reliability. Geothermal systems are as reliable for your home in Ottawa as they are for your winter home in Florida (if you’re lucky enough to escape the winters in Ottawa).
- It has versatility. The geothermal pump that comprises power for a geothermal heating system can pump heat into or out of your house to heat or cool it as needed. You don’t need separate air conditioning and heating systems. The geothermal heating system conveniently does both for you. It’s that versatile!
- It’s easy to maintain. A properly installed geothermal heating system can last a long time. The ground loops can last nearly 50 years while the equipment can last up to 25 years. The mechanicals are installed indoors and typically require only periodic checks and filter changes.
A geothermal system can’t be beat. The installation cost is more expensive than traditional heating and air conditioning systems, but your annual heating and cooling costs can be significantly lower. Considering the extreme temperature changes in Ottawa between winter and summer, this can add up to some serious savings over the long run!
For more information on geothermal heating and cooling systems in the Ottawa area, visit Holmes Heating or contact a Holmes Heating representative at: 613-592-8170 or 1800-292-0169.